Friday, September 5, 2008

Guatemala on my mind

Most of you who know me know that Guatemala has a special place in my heart. My little girl was born there and when I went to pick her up I feel in love with the country, the people, and the
children of Guatemala. I have felt called to help the place where my heart was opened! Some of my friends whom I met through the Louisville Latin Families group are going on a mission trip and I have made it my mission to help them gather the supplies for their trip. I am seeking help from any organization that you feel would benefit from helping others. As groups sign up I am giving them one or two items to concentrate on so that their needs list will be fulfilled. If you have a large group, I would love to include the whole list so that there will be a variety of items so that everyone can participate.

Why should you participate?
Like I said before, this is where my heart is. I can’t explain the feeling only that I feel I have been called to help. I would love in the future to actually accompany Lori and Rob on a trip, and plan on it, but I don’t feel right now would be the time. I do know I can help, but not without you.
The people of Guatemala are very poor and most live in homes with dirt floors. 98% of the water is non-potable and malnutrition is rampant. Birth defects and numerous health concerns are the result
Please help by giving to Guatemala.

Lori and Rob’s Website
http://www.compassionforguatemala.blogspot.com
Jill’s Website
http://www.journeytokaya.blogspot.com

No comments: